You’ve picked out a great card for someone you know who is facing cancer. You have your pen in hand, but what to write? You don’t want to write the wrong thing, but you want them to know you care.
Here are some phrases to help you start:
- “I am so sorry for the struggle you are going through, and I think of you often.”
- “I wish I could take this pain away for you.”
- “I truly admire your strength and resilience.”
- “I wish every good thing for you and your family, and I will be thinking (or praying for) of you as you go through this.”
- “I am sorry you are going through this— this sucks.”
Need more ideas on how to support a family who’s received devastating cancer news?
We’re here to give you an inside perspective on how to communicate in a caring way.