The Operations Coordinator, Customer Service is responsible for performing a wide range of donor services including responding to donor inquiries via phone, email, and postal mail; accepting, entering, reconciling, acknowledging and reporting donations and event registrations; entering demographic data into Salesforce NPSP; and importing demographic, donation, and event participation files from CCRF’s external vendor(s) and the CCRF website. This role is responsible for ensuring the highest level of customer service to donors, prospects, event attendees, and internal staff. This position will work in the office four days a week with one day being remote, in order to backup and support in-office administrative and operational tasks. Salary Range is $38,000 - $41,000.
- Provide exceptional customer service to donors and staff
- Daily, promptly respond to donors’ requests for information via phone, email, and postal mail; including completing proactive and follow-up phone calls for donor data, pledge payment information, and updated credit card information. Route to appropriate staff as needed.
- Promptly respond to donors’ requests for information related to giving processes, procedures, opportunities to designate a gift, how to make a tribute gift, stock gift, W9 or 501(c)(3) form requests, issues with donating online, need for duplicate tax receipts or thank you letters
- Accept donations and event registrations via phone
Daily, monitor and manage shared email inboxes for website contacts from public, donors, third party payers, and other organizations. Process inquiries or route to appropriate staff.
- Daily, monitor and manage voicemail inbox for contacts from public, donors, third party payers, and other organizations. Process inquiries or route to appropriate staff.
- Prepare year-end tax summary letters, as requested
- Keep records of donor interactions, donations, comments, and feedback
- Provide feedback to Operations and other departments to improve fundraising, marketing, and business processes
Daily Donation Entry and Reconciliation
- Enter gifts and pledges, verifying the quality of data entry from all sources and resolving problems regarding the data
- Process one-time and recurring credit card transactions, ensuring PCI compliance
- Update and manage cashbook and daily deposit reconciliation, batch cover sheets for Finance
- Research and problem solve issues that arise via financial and Salesforce NPSP
Salesforce NPSP Maintenance
- Update constituent records (e.g., address changes, payment information, contact preferences, merging duplicate constituents) in Salesforce NPSP
- Verify and import event donation and participation files
Administrative and Operational Responsibilities – Office
- Assist with processing of postal mail, document scanning, and ad hoc tasks as needed
- Support Executive Assistant in providing reception coverage and greeting donors and other visitors as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail
- Positive, professional, compassionate attitude
- Accurate data entry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; including the ability to write and edit standardized messages by recognizing and performing simple text edits
- Ability to organize and prioritize assignments
- Mature judgment and the ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to stay calm and patient when donors are distressed or upset
- Adaptability and flexibility to meet the needs of different donors quickly
- Inquisitive, creative outlook
- Developing strategic thinker