The Content Marketing Specialist is responsible for developing content that supports growth in awareness, engagement and fundraising for Children’s Cancer Research Fund in alignment with business objectives. Using messaging strategies developed by the Content Strategist, create copy that tells the stories of CCRF and childhood cancer families to a variety of audiences across channels, informed by analytics. Salary range is $48,206 - $53,952.
· Write and repurpose copy for various audiences and channels, such as blogs, landing pages, print publications and fundraising appeals.
· Interview childhood cancer ambassador families and write-up the story of their personal experience for assorted content needs.
· In partnership with the Marketing team members, regularly conduct website content audits to identify gaps, as well as copy that should be updated or retired.
· Measure content performance to grow our understanding of what audiences are responding to, applying and sharing learnings with the team.
· Work with the Marketing Manager to identify relevant keywords and write copy for search engine optimization.
· Develop an understanding of CCRF’s key audiences and create content that speaks to their needs and interests.
· Edit and proof content as needed.
· Strong interviewing, writing and editing skills with attention to detail.
· Knowledge of AP Style and ability to develop an understanding of CCRF’s brand voice.
· Capacity to make decisions based on a system of content analytics, in partnership with other members of the marketing team.
· Strong collaboration skills and ability to work in a team environment.
· Ability to demonstrate compassion for people experiencing pediatric cancer and a keen sensitivity to families with sick or deceased children.
· Willingness to adapt to changing conditions and prioritize projects in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Ability to sit and/or stand in an office setting as well as on location. Some driving required.
Required Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or closely related field
· One to three years full-time relevant marketing experience
View the full position profile here.
To be considered, applicants must submit a writing sample to email@example.com with the subject line: Content Specialist - Writing Sample. Be sure to include your name so we can match it with the correct resume.
Please submit a narrative writing sample that:
· Is 500 – 800 words
· Demonstrates your ability to write in a brand's voice or to a specific audience
· Is not a technical sample or a school essay