Children’s Cancer Research Fund is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to ending childhood cancer. We exist to improve outcomes for and to eliminate childhood cancer as we know it. Since 1981, we’ve contributed over $200 million to research, support programs for children and families, and awareness and education outreach. Guided by our core values of Impact, Community, Authenticity, Equity, and Innovation, we create safer treatments, improve outcomes for children, increase cancer awareness and education, and support the whole family.
Job Title: Controller
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer/Chief Financial Officer
Compensation: $110,000-$120,000 per year
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Children’s Cancer Research Fund is looking for a Controller to join our team. This role is responsible for overseeing the financial management of CCRF and day-to-day accounting activities.
- Manage the general ledger
- Prepare financial reporting for internal and external stakeholders
- Assist Chief Operating Officer/Chief Financial Officer with cash management, financial analysis, strategic planning, forecasting/projections, budget preparation, and other projects
- Act as key liaison with audit and tax firm as well as oversee the annual audit and 990 preparations
- Oversee grants management
- Oversee financial policies and procedures; recommends changes as needed for compliance, efficiency, and internal controls
- Monitor and improved internal controls
- Assist with Finance, Audit, and Investment Committee meetings of the Board of Directors
- Monitor accounting systems and controls to ensure they are functioning properly and implement enhancement where necessary
- Partner with Chief Operating Officer/Chief Financial Officer on all financial activities and projects
- Lead and invest time in coaching the Sr. Accounting Manager, particularly with advanced financial analysis and cashflow management
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced technical skills: Sage Intacct preferred, Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP and financial reporting
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a high level of integrity, trust, and confidentiality
- Excellent judgement, creative problem-solving, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to prioritize, focus, and manage projects
Experience and Education:
- 8+ years’ experience in Finance/Accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Leadership experience
- Experience in management of non-profit accounting and financial reporting
Remote eligible – applicants do not need to be Minnesota residents to apply
Children’s Cancer Research Fund provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.