The Web Developer is responsible for the execution of web initiatives for Children’s Cancer Research Fund. The position will work closely with all departments to develop effective digital materials and resources, create and maintain most elements of CCRF’s online presence, support and execute strategies to keep the organization at the cutting edge of web technology, and help ensure that all interactive projects are completed on time and within budget. The successful candidate will have a broad set of technology and web design skills, thrive in a mission-driven team atmosphere, and enjoy learning new technologies and finding innovative ways to put them together.
- Administration of CMS and eCommerce platforms used in website, donation form and event ticketing functions.
- Construction, maintenance, and new feature deployment for websites and microsites supporting CCRF’s campaigns and initiatives.
- Development and execution of mass email messages, including code development, applicable design support, and deliverability review.
- Helping identify, develop and deploy opportunities for improving CCRF’s online resources.
- Remaining current on industry trends in web development and digital marketing, and helping identify strategic approaches to utilize emerging technology to benefit CCRF’s mission and grow its audience.
- Experience in HTML email development, including consistent rendering and deliverability considerations.
- Familiarity with API framework concepts and AJAX techniques.
- Familiarity with Adobe design tools such as Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign and the ability to use them to build necessary graphic elements and disassemble provided design mockups.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of graphic, web, and user interface design techniques.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong planning and time management skills.
- Ability to work reliably both independently and in a close team environment.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in Web Development, Web Design (with technical emphasis or experience), or comparable professional experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Web Development, Web Design (with technical emphasis or experience), or related field.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a related field.
- Experience with Luminate Online Marketing (formerly Convio) or WordPress.
- Experience in non-profit fundraising organizations.
- General computer use.
- Some light lifting.
- Full time (40 hours per week) on a flexible schedule.
- Occasional additional hours on evenings and/or weekends as needed.
- Occasional local travel.
- Minimal overnight or non-local travel for training opportunities or conference attendance.
Reports to: Web & Creative Services Manager