Senior Graphic Designer
The Senior Graphic Designer is primarily responsible for the design and production of graphic design projects for Children’s Cancer Research Fund’s internal marketing materials and external programs. The ability to work quickly and effectively on a variety of projects with overlapping deadlines, take design feedback and direction graciously, interpret and convey design direction to internal and external teams, ensure effective and efficient project completion through project planning and task assignment, maintain attention to detail under deadlines and shifting priorities, and work well with a variety of personalities is critical.
- Design and production of printed collateral, publications, advertising materials and signage for general use and events.
- Development of design concepts, identity systems, and visual themes based on provided raw content or creative briefs.
- Web and email design support as needed.
- Creation and management of photographic assets, including image editing, some photography, and coordination on scheduling photographers and photo shoots.
- Ensuring trademarks are used correctly and imagery is appropriately sourced, purchased, or credited.
- Creation of comprehensive project scope outlines.
- Effectively sourcing, obtaining quotes for, and procuring print items; assessing project requirements and providing timely, cost effective options/recommendations.
- Evaluation and measurement of print and design vendors’ performance and initiation of corrective action if expectations are not met. Participation in evaluation and selection of new suppliers if necessary.
- Project planning, workload management, task assignment, and coordination with internal and external teams to ensure project completion.
- Monitoring of project deadlines and budgets to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of all elements.
- Helping all internal and external team members understand the CCRF visual brand and how to convey it consistently.
- Mentoring and regularly providing constructive feedback to other designers on the team to promote their professional growth.
- Remaining current on developments in print technology and design trends, and ensuring that CCRF is presented in a relevant and professional manner in print and multimedia.
- Proficiency in Adobe design tools such as Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign and the ability to use them efficiently to create excellent layout and design.
- Basic understanding of web tools such as Dreamweaver and content management systems, familiarity with responsive web design considerations and how to factor them into mockups, and a willingness to become familiar with basic web programming languages and techniques to understand their impact on design solutions.
- Ability to proactively brainstorm, including mocking up design ideas and presenting ideas to internal staff.
- Strong print production knowledge, both in offset and digital.
- Ability to achieve a deep understanding of our brand identity, how to use it effectively and apply that knowledge to projects to ensure deliverables are “in brand.”
- Experience in creating a variety of printed and electronic collateral, and maintaining a brand across diverse media.
- Experience with large format printing.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and their implications when designing multi-purpose, user-editable collateral on their unique platforms.
- Experience in prepress requirements and print vendor coordination.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong planning and time management skills.
- Ability to work reliably both independently and in a close team environment.
- Ability to coach others and share expertise.
- Willingness to continuously learn and a dedication to keeping up with the constantly evolving trends and technology of the graphic design world.
Supervisory responsibilities: Task assignment and project-specific supervision of internal teams and external vendors.
Physical demands: General computer use, some light lifting
Position type and expected hours of work: Full time (40 hours per week) on a flexible schedule. Occasional overtime and weekends.
Travel: Occasional local travel. Minimal overnight or non-local travel for training opportunities or conference attendance.
Required education and experience:
- Associate degree in Graphic Design or a related field.
- At least 7 years of professional experience in Graphic Design or related field.
- Graphics portfolio that demonstrates proficiency in a variety of design styles and media.
Preferred education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or a related field.
- At least 10 years of professional experience in Graphic Design or related field.
- Team and project supervisory experience.
- Experience in photography and video editing.
- Experience with event design or non-profit fundraising.
Reports to: Web & Creative Services Manager
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.