Live Streaming Community Specialist
Children’s Cancer Research Fund (CCRF) supports the brightest scientists whose ideas will make the greatest impact for children with cancer. Working closely with researchers to fund innovative new projects quickly and ensure that promising discoveries continue uninterrupted. CCRF also funds quality of life services that enhance healing, care for children and their families, and raise awareness for the need for research.
The Live Streaming Community Specialist position is a 40-hour per week, exempt position responsible for building awareness, conducting outreach, recruiting and stewarding fundraisers, and growing the Do It Yourself (DIY) Live Streaming Program. This role will support the design and strategy of the entire live stream fundraiser engagement cycle, build out of CCRF’s brand on all live stream channels, and provide live stream fundraisers with the tools and resources they need to maximize their fundraising efforts and advance CCRF’s mission. This position provides access to work alongside leading content creators around the world and the opportunity to innovate in the digital fundraising space and leave a lasting impression in a continually-expanding market.
- Working with the Community Fundraising Manager and Director of Events & Partnerships, develop the strategies and tactics needed to build and grow the DIY Live Streaming Program
- Manage outreach for new prospective fundraisers and provide ongoing stewardship and peer-to-peer fundraising coaching to existing program participants
- Collaborate with internal teams to create live stream fundraising campaigns
- Determine and prioritize projects that fulfill needs of live streamers during engagement cycle
- Assist with fielding and answering support questions from online supporters
- Work in partnership with marketing department to develop marketing tools, materials, resources, and other content needs
- Collaborate with marketing team to develop and implement social media messaging and engagement strategy
- Collaborate with Events and Partnership team to identify and secure sponsorship and business opportunities
- Ability to evaluate marketing opportunities for program exposure in the livestream and gaming communities
- Be the onsite CCRF representative at select livestreaming and gaming conferences and events
- Consult on adding live stream elements/fundraising to existing CCRF events
- Exceptional interpersonal, relationship-building and collaboration skills; ability to connect with a variety of stakeholders – live streaming fundraisers, community partners, staff, and vendors
- Ability to support cross-functional projects, working with members of Events and Partnerships, Marketing, and Donor Services teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of Peer-To-Peer Fundraising (specific to online gaming and streaming) and platforms (Donor Drive, Tiltify, StreamLabs)
- Strong knowledge and use of social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch, Discord, etc.)
Required education and experience:
- 2+ years experience producing interactive live streams within YouTube, Twitch, Tiltify, StreamLabs or similar platforms
- 1+ year of experience in fundraising, sales, or marketing
- Strong computer skills including working knowledge of MS Office products
- Proven live stream fundraising success (preferred)
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Flexible work schedule to accommodate livestreaming community, campaigns, and events
Minimal, 1-2x convention(s)/conference(s) throughout the year
Community Fundraising Manager
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.