Children’s Cancer Research Fund (CCRF) provides private philanthropy to fund childhood cancer research. CCRF seeks a Gift Officer housed in our Minneapolis office to cultivate donors on the East Coast. The Gift Officer is responsible for managing a portfolio of approximately 150 major gift and planned giving donors and prospects; guiding these prospects through the donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship cycle; developing a new territory for donor prospects, answering incoming calls and responding to donor inquiries, and tracking donor interactions in the Raiser’s Edge (RE) database. The Gift Officer is responsible for ensuring the highest level of customer service to donors, prospects, and event attendees.
- Manage a portfolio of 150 prospects.
- Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle.
- Initiate contacts with potential major gift and planned giving donors.
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies.
- Move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure for both major and planned gifts.
- Partner with the Events, Direct Mail, Marketing and Operations teams so that each team complements the others’ efforts to achieve fundraising goals. Develop ways to leverage and integrate major giving efforts into Children’s Cancer Research Fund’s events, social media, direct mail, community fundraising and other outreach efforts.
- Collaborate and partner with pediatric cancer researchers at the University of Minnesota to understand funding areas as well as raise funds for various areas of research.
- Travel required.
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of major gift and planned giving donors in order to develop relationships between them and Children’s Cancer Research Fund.
- Successful experience in making cold calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a demonstrated record of completing assignments and persistence in building a new territory.
- Proven past experience in cultivating and soliciting gift of $25,000 or higher.
Education and experience:
Required: Bachelor’s Degree, 3-5 years proven track record of successful major and planned gift fundraising
Preferred: Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel; Raiser’s Edge
Position type and expected hours of work: Full-time, weekdays; occasional weekends and evenings
Reports to: Director of Development and Donor Relations
Travel: Approximately 25% including overnights and occasional weekends
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.