Front-End Web Developer
Children’s Cancer Research Fund is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to ending childhood cancer. We exist to improve outcomes for and to eliminate childhood cancer as we know it. Since 1981, we’ve contributed over $200 million to research, support programs for children and families, and awareness and education outreach. Guided by our core values of Impact, Community, Authenticity, Equity, and Innovation, we create safer treatments, improve outcomes for children, increase cancer awareness and education, and support the whole family.
Job Title: Front-End Web Developer
Reports to: Web and Creative Services Manager
Compensation: $62,000-$72,000 per year
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
The Front-end Web Developer is responsible for the execution of email and web initiatives for Children’s Cancer Research Fund. The position will work closely with all departments to develop effective digital materials and resources, create and maintain most elements of CCRF’s online presence with a focus on usability and accessibility, manage email marketing and related initiatives, and support and execute strategies to keep the organization at the cutting edge of marketing technology. The successful candidate will have a broad set of technology, user experience, and web design skills, thrive in a mission-driven team atmosphere, and enjoy learning new technologies and finding innovative ways to put them together.
- Development and execution of Salesforce Marketing Cloud messages, in coordination with operations, copywriting and creative staff, including email creation, journey development, design support, and deliverability review.
- Administration of CMS (WordPress, Squarespace) and eCommerce (FundraiseUp, DonorDrive) platforms used in website, donation forms, and event ticketing functions.
- Construction, maintenance, and new feature deployment for websites and microsites supporting CCRF's campaigns and initiatives.
- Helping identify, develop and deploy opportunities for improving CCRF's online resources and accessibility.
- Remaining current on industry trends in marketing technology and delivery, and helping identify strategic approaches to utilize emerging tools and trends to benefit CCRF's mission and grow its audience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficiency in Salesforce Marketing Cloud, including email development, audience definitions, journey building, and integrations.
- Experience in email deliverability, including testing and accessibility considerations.
- Familiarity with Adobe design tools such as Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign and the ability to use them to build necessary graphic elements and disassemble provided design mockups.
- Familiarity with graphic, web, and user interface design techniques.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong planning and time management skills.
- Ability to work reliably both independently and in a close team environment.
Experience and Education:
- Minimum 3-4 years of web development experience
- 5-7 years of web development experience (preferred)
- Certified Marketing Cloud Developer, Marketing Cloud Email Specialist, Salesforce UX Designer, or similar (desired)
Remote eligible – applicants do not need to be Minnesota residents to apply
Children’s Cancer Research Fund provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.