Donor Services Intern
The Donor Services Intern (DSI) is responsible for performing a wide range of donor services including responding to donor inquiries; accepting, entering, reconciling, acknowledging and reporting donations and event registrations; entering demographic data into Salesforce NPSP; and assisting at events. The DSI is responsible for ensuring the highest level of customer service to donors, prospects, event attendees, and internal staff.
Daily Donation Entry and Reconciliation
- Enter gifts and pledges, verifying the quality of data entry from all sources
- Process credit card transactions, ensuring PCI compliance
- Verify and import cager, and event donation and participation files
- Import donation files from various organizations
- Save gift documentation, as needed
- Provide exceptional customer service to donors, visitors, and staff
- Promptly respond to donors’ requests for information; including completing follow-up phone calls for donor data, pledge payment information, and updated credit card information.
- Promptly respond to donors’ requests for information
- Accept donations and event registrations via phone or in-person
- Participate in and support Special Events, as scheduled
Salesforce NPSP Maintenance
- Update constituent records (e.g. address changes, payment information, contact preferences, merging duplicate constituents) in Salesforce NPSP
- Daily, prepare and mail gift acknowledgements, tribute notifications, declined credit card notifications, soft credit, and other non-tax donor acknowledgements
- Weekly, prepare and mail credit/debit card update requests
- Monthly, prepare and mail pledge invoices
- Strong attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Accurate data entry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize assignments
- Mature judgment and the ability to maintain confidential information
Required education and experience:
- 1-2 years data entry experience
- Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel
Preferred education and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in set-up of mail merges
- Experience with financial reconciliation
- Direct customer service experience
- Salesforce NPSP experience
Donor Services Specialist
Compensation & Hours
$15.00 per hour, part-time, flexible
Remote, optional in person (Edina, MN)
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Children’s Cancer Research Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer.