We are looking for a talented student or recent graduate to join the Web & Creative Services team to support our work and deepen their graphic and web design skills.
Children’s Cancer Research Fund supports the brightest scientists whose ideas make the greatest impact for children with cancer. We also fund quality of life services that enhance healing and care. Since 1981, CCRF has given over $186 million to research, education and patient and family services.
- Graphic design support for a variety of media, including print, web and social media collateral
- Preparing files for print and digital delivery
- Participating in creative concept development and brainstorming
- Identifying opportunities for improvement of existing design pieces and pitching those changes to the creative team
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Completed or working toward degree in graphic design, web design or related field
- Proficiency in Adobe design tools such as Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign and the ability to use them efficiently to create layout and design
- Working knowledge of print production, both in offset and digital
- Working knowledge of design file types and usage
- Excellent communications and writing skills
- Self-motivated and eager to learn
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work reliably both independently and in a close team environment
- Organized with great attention to detail
- A portfolio of work that includes a variety of print and digital work
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Previous intern or other non-school web and graphic design experience
- Other design-adjacent skills such as photography, videography, or web development a plus
- General computer use
- Some light lifting
LOCATION: Edina, MN, occasional local travel.
TYPE: Entry Level
HOURS: 10-15 hrs/week, May through September 2020, possibility of extension.
PAY: $12/hour, paid every two weeks
DEADLINE: Open until filled.
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.