Children’s Cancer Research Fund supports the brightest scientists whose ideas make the greatest impact for children with cancer. Because cancer affects the whole family, we also fund quality of life services that enhance healing and care. Since 1981, Children’s Cancer Research Fund has given over $170 million to research, education and patient and family services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a talented student to join the marketing and community engagement team and deepen their public and media relations skills.
- Secure media coverage for CCRF and fundraising participants through targeted media outreach
- Draft and edit news releases and media materials
- Research potential leads to support development of story pitches
- Build and maintain media lists
- Track and report press coverage and clippings
- Write content for newsletters and website
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
- Completed or working toward degree in marketing, advertising, public relations or related field
- Excellent communications and writing skills, including proofreading and editing for a variety of media
- Ability to communicate professionally with press and community contacts
- Self-motivated and eager to learn
- Organized with great attention to detail
- Sensitivity when dealing with donor and family information
- Social media savvy
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Physical demands: General computer use, some light lifting
Position type and expected hours of work: Entry level; 10-15 hrs/week, April 15 through July 15, 2019 (12 weeks)
Pay: A $1,800 stipend (first half paid at the midway point of internship, second half paid at conclusion of internship)
Location: Edina, MN
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.