Children’s Cancer Research Fund supports the brightest scientists whose ideas will make the greatest impact for children with cancer. We work closely with researchers to fund innovative new projects quickly and ensure that their promising discoveries continue uninterrupted. We also fund quality of life services that enhance healing and care for children and their families and raise awareness for the need for research.
The Events Coordinator is a 40-hour per week, exempt position responsible for providing event coordination and support for internal and external fundraising events that support Children’s Cancer Research Fund’s mission. Events may include: Dawn of a Dream, a black tie gala event; Time to Fly Walk/Run and other events as assigned. Key responsibilities include providing high-quality, brand-consistent customer service to prospective donors, sponsors, volunteers & constituents, and the ability to secure donations from individual and corporate constituencies.
- Manage venue coordination, contract negotiations and event day execution
- Ability to manage established program expense budgets
- Working with event committees to reach revenue goals by securing sponsorships, donations, auction/raffle items and selling tickets
- Execute administrative tools necessary to achieve events objectives
- Cultivate new prospects and provide ongoing stewardship to existing event supporters and volunteers
- Ability to support cross-functional projects, working with members of Events, Marketing and Donor Services Teams
- Luminate, TeamRaiser and Raisers Edge experience desired
- Superior listening skills
- Excellent organizational, research, and project management skills with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and independence; also comfortable working within an integrated development program and team-oriented environment
- Dedication to CCRF’s mission
- A strong work ethic coupled with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Experience empowering volunteers
- Ability to drive fundraising strategy and execution
- Demonstrated professional presence and manner; capable of exercising independent judgment and flexibility
- Tact and diplomacy
- Personal values consistent with those of the organization
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of event experience
- Ability to work occasional evenings & weekends
- Some lifting required
Position type and expected hours of work:
Full-time, weekdays; occasional weekends and evenings
Minimal, within the metropolitan area
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls or agencies please.
Children’s Cancer Research Fund is an equal opportunity employer.