Director of Finance and Operations
As a key leader of Children’s Cancer Research Fund and a member of the senior leadership team, this position has a significant impact on the advancement of CCRF’s mission and on the organization’s ability to meet its fundraising goals. This position is responsible to lead and manage CCRF’s financial management, donor services, and information technology functions. In addition, this role is responsible for mitigating risks and meeting all compliance requirements. This position works to develop strong working relationships with their counterparts at the University of Minnesota Department of Pediatrics and the University of Minnesota Foundation. This position also serves as staff representative on the Finance, Investment and Audit Committee.
- Prepare, analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the CEO, review all financial plans and budgets, monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the Finance, Investment and Audit Committee of the Board.
- Lead and oversee financial and business operations with functional responsibilities over accounting, general ledger, grant awards, accounts receivable, banking and treasury, and capital assets.
- Manage cash flow and forecasting; manage and track the performance of invested assets in keeping with policies.
- Maintain a proper system of internal controls to ensure the proper recording of financial activity and to protect CCRF assets.
- Ensure all statutory requirements of the organization are met.
- Participate in the ongoing strategic planning process as an integral member of the senior leadership team. Partner with the CEO on operational and strategic issues as they arise; provide recommendations to the CEO based on financial analysis and projections.
- Lead and oversee organization’s general insurance needs.
Donor Services and Database Management
- Oversee the Donor Services functions: accurate and timely data entry, acknowledgement of donations, constituent support services and data maintenance.
- Provide leadership and strategies around information management and architecture, and donor analytical support.
- Provide leadership in donor segmentation and business analytics systems and processes.
Information Technology (IT) and Administration
- Oversee the administrative functions of the organization including reception, property management, administrative support, and office services.
- As a trusted and approachable leader, manage direct staff to ensure they are set up for success. Facilitate regular feedback from team members, peers and leaders to build stable and high performing teams. Provide coaching to support the growth of skills and strengths through the use of CCRF’s Talent Management Processes.
- Manage and plan CCRF’s IT functions including network services and server operations, data backup and recovery, security, equipment maintenance and upgrades, and software implementation and upgrades. Work closely with third-party vendors and consultants.
- Engage members of the senior leadership team to facilitate cross-functional collaboration that ensures that all Administrative and IT solutions positively support CCRF’s evolving strategy, operational delivery, and data collection needs.
- In partnership with the senior leadership team, develop and maintain CCRF’s work environment and culture.
Leadership and coaching, high level of confidentiality, high ethical standards & conduct, strategic and forward-thinking, good judgment, strong analytical ability, problem solving/analysis, communication proficiency, time management, decision making, organization skills, ability to work with others both inside and outside of the organization.
Donor Services & CRM Systems Manager and dotted line with HR Generalist & Administrative Services Manager.
Sitting/standing for long periods of time, with occasional lifting of office products and files.
Position type and expected hours of work:
Full-time position, weekdays. This position may require occasional evening and weekend hours as job duties demand.
Minimal travel that is typically local during business day.
Required education & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business-related field.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of progressively responsible experience in management of financial, data entry and analytics and/or administrative operations.
- Strong financial management and accounting background with experience implementing internal financial policies and controls.
- A practical understanding of non-profit financial management.
- Ability to communicate well and develop relationships with people at all levels; strong presentation skills.
Preferred education & experience:
- CPA and/or Master’s Degree
- Experience as a key member of a senior leadership team and implementing actions that support the mission of the organization.
- Tech savvy with experience in developing and implementing new processes and systems.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or agencies please.
Children’s Cancer Research Fund is an equal opportunity employer.