The Accounting Manager is responsible for creating and maintaining accurate records in the Financial Edge (FE) database. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position manages Accounts Payable, produces financial reports, and provides event support for the organization.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Work with the Director of Finance to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit.
- Support budget and forecasting activities.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Reporting of banking activity, balances and reconciliations
- Enter invoices to Financial Edge, and cut and mail A/P checks
- Enter daily deposits into Financial Edge database
- Prepare cash deposits
- Ensure all Tax ID #s for 1099 reportable contractors are in Financial Edge database
- Ensure 1099s are complete and mailed on or before January 31st annually
- Vendor and data analysis
- Reconcile, store and distribute petty cash
- Prepare cash boxes and lead process of cash controls for events
- Prepare cash deposit and help with reconciliation to event transaction log
- Provide support to Events team as needed at events
- Strong attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Accurate data entry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize assignments
- Ability to multitask while consistently meeting deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidential information
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of accounting experience
- 3-5 years of accounts payable experience
- Direct customer service experience
- Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel
Preferred education and experience:
- Experience with financial reconciliation
- 10-key experience
- Financial Edge database experience
Position type and expected hours of work:
Full-time, weekdays; occasional weekends and evenings
Minimal, within the metropolitan area
Director of Finance and Operations
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or agencies please.
Children’s Cancer Research Fund is an equal opportunity employer.